I added the ability to start up an RPC or Seed node from within the Hotbox! I'm running this version of the Hotbox for my RPC and it's working like a charm! The more witnesses, RPC nodes, and Seed nodes we have the better!
Note that you are not able to run more than one type of node in the Hotbox. This is a feature not a bug. Every use case for the Hotbox should be run separately from another and not on the same server.
We have a Discord group for this project now as well. This way we don't spam the Witness chat in the official Smoke Discord group. If you have any questions, feature requests, or bugs to report please let me know.
|Ubuntu 19.10||Docker not installing||2020-02-26|
|Ubuntu 18.04 LTS||Working||2020-02-26|
|Ubuntu 16.04 LTS||Working||2020-02-26|
Read the Github wiki for starting from scratch, updating, or moving from a non-Hotbox based witness.
If you would like to contribute to this project by code, please read the contribution page
- user input to check if RPC node, seed node, or witness
- tmux name to include hotkeys for changing widows and leaving the hotbox correctly.
- smoked to light version for seed nodes and witnesses
install.shif statements to case statements.
wallet.shRPC to jrswab.com
- witness and seed config
- setup.sh not adding new lines during walk through.
- witness shared-file-size
- continuation issue when user enters an invalid user name
2.1.0 - 2020-02-27
- Witness disabled check to update script
- Script to setup a new server running a Debian based system.
- Does basic security updates
- Installs Docker
- Creates new user
- Creates hotbox directory and downloads
changelog.mdwith missing releases
update.shto be the core file.
install.shto create a tmux session with two windows
install.shfrom hard coded version numbers to variables.
readme.mdto have quick information now that walk throughs are in the Github wiki
- release to be