Super Skunk: Welcome To The Family
A couple of weeks ago someone my husband knows asked if he could barter with us. Of course before I confirmed and said yes, I wanted to know what I was getting in the deal
Now last year, this same person, had bartered with us too. He had some OGKush seedlings and we had some AK47 seedlings. An agreement came to terms and I was the proud owner of an OGKush clone two weeks later. This is the same OGKush lineage I have been growing and harvesting ever since. And the reviews of the OGK has been phenomenal!
He had lost his original clone of his OGK and was looking to restock his grows with it; and he knows where the clone I have came from and that I am very meticulous with my grows.
After he said he had five Super Skunk seeds to barter for two OGK clones, I got to work researching the SSK strain.
I read the reviews on Leafly and was pleased to see so many great ones. Some had the fowl language which I could've done without but whatcha gonna do.
- I liked how some of the reviews mentioned the density of the buds. Dense buds can be a God-send when growing.
- The reviews were flooded with people talking about the happy feeling this strain induced.
- One reviewer even said the "high was extremely cerebral and intense" - Hey, who doesn't like that verbage!
- Flavor and essence of the strain seem to be first and forefront for most users.
A bartering deal was made!
So now I have these five seeds; and while I do prefer to clone what I already have, I will be sowing two or three of these seeds this week. They are feminized; which is a plus- as I dread having to watch for male plants.
Seeds I Will Be Sowing & Clones I Will Be Growing This Harvest
- 2 Super Skunk
- 2 OG Kush
- 2 Hulk Berry
- 2 Gorilla Zkittles
- 2 AK47 (?) Or I may let the sativas go this time around as I still have some from the previous harvest and I don't want too much.
Most people I talk to are looking for the Indicas or Indica dominant strains. Sativas a nice for edibles (in my mind) but not many people really want to smoke them around these parts. It seems as though most people want the relaxed sleepy time feel that Indicas offer up.
A predominantly indica variety, Super Skunk takes its robust flowers from its parent strain Skunk #1. By backcrossing the legendary Skunk with Afghani genetics, Sensi Seeds created a strain with dense, thick buds that are known to be extremely pungent with a surprisingly sweet taste. This strain produces a bold relaxing effect over the body and is a great answer for increased stress and body pains.