Occasionally I see people ask how to vote for a lower percentage than 100%.
There's a couple of ways so far.
- You can get 50,000SP and unlock the slider for the website.
- You can use a more manual method where you enter in values and send them to the smoke RPC.
smoke-vote.bash - This is a wrapper script that performs a couple functions for you.
It takes two parameters.
- The post/comment that you would like to upvote/flag.
- The amount in smoke you would like to upvote/flag.
To use this file you will need to point
cp /PATH/TO/smokeJS-vote.html.blank ./smoke-vote.html to the actual location of smokeJS-vote.html.blank
const ACCOUNT_NAME = 'ENTER YOUR ACCOUNT NAME HERE'; &
const ACCOUNT_WIF = 'ENTER YOUR ACCOUNT WIF/PRIVATE-KEY HERE';
You can actually just use this html if you like, and fill in the data manually and then load the page in a browser like google-chrome/firefox, my bash scripts just automate the process for you.
smoke_vote_value.bash - A script to calculate what weight you need to vote in order to get the desired SMOKE vote. You need to edit
username="ENTER YOUR USERNAME HERE" for this to work.
Put it all together and you can vote!
If you run smoke-vote.bash followed by the post url and amount you would like to vote, (I use quotes around the values, quotes make everything better.)
smoke-vote.bash "https://smoke.io/cannabis/@maryjane/10-000-smoke-power-goal-achieved" "0.0955"
The script will:
- Calculate the necessary weight for the SMOKE vote.
- Edit the html file with the author, permlink, and voting weight.
- Wait 15 seconds so the vote is cast (hopefully)
- Close the google-chrome page.
And a vote is born!
smoke_max_vote.bash is another script I have around to see what my current max vote is based on my SP/VP and current Pending Rewarded Vests.
To find this on your own you take your Smoke Vests and divide by the pending rewarded vesting shares, then multiply by 2 and your VP %.
I welcome any questions/comments/concerns. I also appreciate any support as witness at https://smoke.io/~witnesses