I'm not long on smoke.io, but I've got almost a year's worth of blockchain experience on Steem. I'm in, and I'm confident that Decentralised Blockchaining is going to be a BIG part of the future and in many more respects than just social media. I have had - as we all probably have, mixed success with promoting these revolutionary and empowering concepts to a world still locked into the scarcity mindset and the perception that they have no choice but to 'play along' with the bankster-controlled system. For the most part folk don't believe it could be real, they dismiss such talk as hot air, however politely they may do so. I have on-boarded a few folk to the Steem blockchain, but I have never taken the idea to strangers and the public at large in the manner of a promotion. This is something I would like to do with regard to smoke.io.
Having thought about it a little, smoke.io will probably be easier to promote than Steem because the weed connection already exists as an experiential foundation on which to introduce concepts like decentralised social media and cryptocurrency generation to those who already smoke and wish to see pot legalised. Stoners may not have heard of 'the blockchain', but we are an alternative lot, and open to alternative ideas. I can imagine the notions of empowerment and other potentialities of the Blockchain being well received. Besides, now is an excellent time to draw people's attention to alternatives to the centralised tyrants of Fakebook, PooTube, Twatter and Giggle :P.
I've only just started considering that I might actually get off my bum and do this. The idea is as yet rather unformulated, I would like to kinda make it up as I go along without limiting myself to specific plans and targets, other than general directions of intent. I don't enjoy working to plans and schedules and I am also periodically afflicted by a profound and debilitating sense of futility with regard to everything, which renders me incapable of social interaction and utterly saps my motivation. I therefore find it best to make no promises, hereby setting out my intentions only.
This is the general layout of what I would like to do:
- prepare some materials to use to promote smoke.io (using existing materials and stuff I'll make myself), including artwork and the basis of a presentation (I will learn as I go along)
- find human points of contact within the legalisation and other weed-friendly communities; visit shops and businesses that deal in CBD or hemp (ie the little trickle of 'legal' that exists in the UK)
- initially I would just improvise: speak one-to-one to gauge and raise interest, and to look for contacts so that I can begin to network and attend meetings or meetups in order to present smoke.io and the revolutionary possibilities of blockchain life
- present to individuals and groups and, if the whole thing works (and I continue to feel good about it), to widen the field
- to do the above in the spirit of the blockchain itself – with transparency and openness. In this scenario, I would directly document the process as (and when, and if lol) it happens. I would do this by posting to smoke.io: a kind of reporting and feedback loop informing subsequent steps as they unfold. The cycle of blogging and earning crypto would be of course be my reward/compensation, but it would also be a proof-of-concept that I could use to demonstrate to the people I was introducing these concepts to! This form of blog project documentation could therefore, in time, become a dynamic part of the presentation itself.
- nothing comes out of a vacuum. Any materials and ideas are born of work and thinking that others have done. For example @easyrider who has been an excellent source of tips and information for me, made the following comment which sowed a seed:
I then came across @jah's post Interview with @stoner, who is the founder of smoke.io, and containing lots of information that I can use for spreading the word. I've also seen various cannabis art posts by @li-art, @tecnosgirl, @haze, including smoke.io promo-art they have produced. These and other people have provided me with encouragement and inspiration. Thank you 🔆
- As the this project takes shape, I will of course gladly and gratefully integrate feedback into the flow. Input and suggestions are most welcome
- Any artwork or output created by me and placed on the blockchain is available for anyone to use freely and without attribution. My only statement in this regard is that I do not sanction any 'use' that includes the energies of violence, prejudice, conflict. I cannot control this and will not define it. I simply and unilaterally withdraw my energy, and the energy of creation which flowed through me, from all such endeavours.
At this stage of 'in theory' and inception, I'm feeling positive about promoting smoke.io.
Thanks for reading