Consensus and BP's responsibility
Smoke.io is not just a website. It's not just a CMS where you post and people are throwing in you credits. It's powerful network based on Delegated Proof of Stake, and it's being powered by Block Producing nodes while utilized through dapps and accessed through API Public nodes.
2,5 - 3 months ago a lot of witnesses signed up on Smoke.io. Most of them seemed really nice and interested fellas in the project with doing their best to create good setup for their Block Producing (Witness) nodes.
- About 10 days ago until just few days ago, a lot of BP's went down. If there was 50% witnesses being down, Consensus would be failing to operate and Smoke Blockchain would crash. As BP's are having nearly solid 1000 SMOKE a month (40$ at current price of smoke.io, where cost of the node is 50$ + sysadmin) i do understand most of them had to back off from their position, but they could still be able to drop us a note or message so we can vote other witnesses in.
Suggestions for unvote
Remove from TOP 20
- @nathansternx (offline since 4 days ago)
Remove outside of TOP 20 (21 - 35)
- @props4crops (offline since 2 days ago)
- @beyondbitcoincas (offline since 2 days ago)
- @howhigh (offline since 2 days ago)
- @ienrikex (offline since 19 days ago)
- @lucashunter (offline since 2 days ago)
I personally know these people from other ecosystems and bringing them closer to top 20 if not inside top 20, it would help and support the stability of Smoke blockchain (network)
I'll be doing tutorial for better setup of a witness node which will not involve shared-mem in config but abusing SWAP from SSD for it.
I would appeal to BPs to improve work and maintenance, because it's such a shame to down-vote witness... In any ecosystem.