(img source: @li-art)
September changes to smoke-indica.com
- No longer using rss.app for generating an rss feed from the smoke-indica.com website. They sent a 'trial ended' message to 15 truepush subscribers, not cool - sorry about that. I've now changed the site config to generate rss2 instead of atom, this is compatible with truepush. If you've configured something to use the existing smoke-indica.com atom rss xml feed, please change to the rss2 link so it continues to work.
- Created and configured PubSubHubbub through Superfeedr. At the moment I'm using the free plan, however if this proves to be a large source of new users i'll think about upgrading. It's $200/month for the pro plan, so I'm holding off to see the initial benefits first.
- The look of articles in the index has changed a bit. The read time indicator now works & has been moved next to the date. The tags have been moved to under the date & the vote/reward details have been reworded.
- Banned on facebook before posting a single smoke-indica article. Must be sharing an email ban list with Pinterest.
I've updated the look of articles in the archive & tag pages, there's more info including the post's tags, a button to draw more attention for mobile users, and some layout tweaks.
- Article headers have been updated to look more like the index page.
- Fixed the responsive grid in the sidebar & author pages.
- Added a grey smoke.io logo beside smoke indica, though perhaps it'd be better to make my own? Not sure.
- The ' x posts' beside the top user & tag sidebar widgets is now hidden for smaller devices.
The author page has improved responsive design & the tags are no longer buttons. The tags, images and posts are now sorted by most recent content on the author page.
- Removed telegram, whatsapp & facebook social media links from the site.
More changes coming soon maybe 👍