For the last couple months there was an issue in smoke-indica's code preventing render building the site, as of today this has been fixed and so updates will be more frequently coming to smoke-indica.com.
- No longer using react-tabs for switching between feed sort & view types.
- Created a custom react component class for the feed
- No longer pre-sorting the feed items for each sort type, now only processing upon sort button click; this should make loading the page faster.
- Avoiding excessive rendering via the image button mechanism
- Attempting to fix the Google analytics & search console presence (both broke a couple months back).
- Switch to using Bulma framework
- Switch sidebar for top navbar, synchronizing the desktop & mobile views.
- Improve the size & positioning of both the feed box & the rows within the variable sized list.
- Update the content from the smoke blockchain
- Figure out continuous smoke blockchain data ETL process
- Fix bug where shuffle sort prevents the 'new' sort type working
How's everyone getting on?
I'm still on full lockdown, will likely be so for the next few months, but it's not too bad because I've got a good system going and have social distancing space in my garden to avoid getting cooped up.
Whilst I wasn't working on the site in the last month, I've been working IRL, watching sons of anarchy, playing underlords & animal crossing, hanging with friends in VR, and watching a lot of youtube.
Favourite strains during lockdown: Super lemon haze, wedding cake, white widow
I'm really hoping that cannabis gets fully legalized in the UK soon, it seems highly probable given the severe economic downturn caused by covid. I saw the following post which has given me high hopes it'll happen sooner than later: https://www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk/companies/news/918738/cannabis-legalisation-will-be-a-likely-response-to-the-uks-upcoming-desperation-for-tax-revenue-with-concomitant-opportunities-for-investors-918738.html
Got my eyes on the following grinders, anyone got either of them?