I have used these humidity packets for years (I started using them for my husband's tobacco/cigarettes- we rolled them ourselves) and had seen a recommendation for them when I started growing cannabis.
Since I know how these humidity packets work, my biggest concern is the discrepancy about the length of time to burp the buds in the curing jars. I have seen times of as little as a minute to fifteen minutes and even up to an hour.
Plus a minimum of one week with some websites, forums and people recommending up to two months of cure time in the jar(s). All this was so confusing when I first started growing cannabis!
So instead of messing up this final stage of the grow process, I decided to research. Granted every person, website and grower has his or her own times, so finding your time can be tedious. After all, all I want is the best cannabis for my patients.
- Royal Queen Seeds- Couple of minutes (very vague) each time opening the jar(s)
- Leafly- Few minutes (very vague) each time opening the jar(s)
- Maximum Yield- 30 minutes each time opening the jar(s)
- WikiLeaf- 5-10 minutes each time opening the jar(s)
- Pot Guide- does not state specific time
My Personal Preference & Way
- First three days I shake the jars to loosen up the buds then open it for about ten minutes. I do this twice a day
- Then for the next four days I shake and open it once per day for about ten minutes
- Starting week 2 (day 8) of cure time and from that day on I will shake and open each jar every two to three days; leaving it open for five minutes
After the week, I start testing the bud for buoyancy (the only word I could come up right now). I want to see how squishy it is. I like to see if I can feel a little give to the bud. Usually I let me cannabis cure for a good two to three weeks for the highest potency I can get. Although I have noticed if it cures for more than that it seems to become more fragrant and more flavorful.