The Sweet Cheese Bounty - Basic Curing Tips & Flower Time for a Monster GG4 Clone

10 months ago



Hello, how's everyone doing tonight? I hope everyone is doing great and staying medicated. I want to share some of my curing techniques that are simple, fast, and effective. When I harvest a plant, I always have one ready to flower because I only have room to flower one plant at a time for my indoor grows. I'm also going to jump back in time with a pic from a previous post that shows the start of low-stress training (LST) on my GG4 clone. The truth is, I abused the hell out of this clone and took high-stress training (HST) to new levels for me.


My sweet cheese bounty netted 80 grams off the branch, which is less than I'm used to seeing off one indoor plant (typically 120 grams or more per plant). I prefer growing indica rather than sativa just for that reason alone, but it's nice to switch it up once in a while with something different and dank like sweet cheese. These have to be some of the best smelling buds going into the jar that I've ever grown!


I jar my nugs after 5 days of drying time or before if some of the branches are snapping. Most of the branches I tested on day 4 did snap, but some didn't; however, it's a good sign they're ready and close enough for the mason jars.


I know there are a lot of different curing techniques that work for different growers, but my first step is simple and old-school. I simply cure them in mason jars for 3 to 4 weeks before blazing up my product. For the first 4 to 5 days, I take the buds out of the jar twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening for 30 minutes at a time. Around day 3, I will check the moisture content in the buds, and if they're drying and bouncing back nicely after squeezing them, I'll cut the time down to 20 minutes.


They say the best buds stick together, that couldn't be any more true than freshly cut nugs inside of a mason jar. Sticking together is a good sign of rich trichome production coupled with moisture still trapped inside of the buds; therefore, for step two, it's also important to spread your buds out and toss them around during their time out of the jars as in the pic above, so even drying occurs. The last thing you want to do is to leave your freshly cut nugs in the jar without taking them out and burping them because mold can occur and ruin your product.


After the first 4 to 5 days of taking them out twice a day, I start to look and see if they tumble freely inside of the jar and if they do? This is step 3, and I stop taking them out of the jar and start burping them 3 times a day by simply removing the cover, rolling and laying the jars on their side for 10 to 15 mins max at a time. At the end of week two, I reduce the time down to 5 minutes and just twice a day instead of three times. By the end of week 3, the cannabis is ready to smoke, but if you can wait even longer and continue burping the jars and curing the cannabis, a little more potency and taste will occur.

I never make it past week 3, it's my weakness and breaking point! Although there are some other applications and products like humidity control packs that help to keep the humidity levels between 62% and 65% inside of your mason jars, if you're just starting to grow or are having problems curing your cannabis, the simple 3 step curing process above will help you cure high-quality cannabis that not only smells great and but also tastes as it should.



The picture above is the trip back in time 7 weeks ago when I wrote a post on LST training. After the bamboo sticks did their job by spreading out the branches is when things took a turn for the worse for the young GG4 clone. I started pulling the branches over with looped string and secured it by placing the other end of the string into slices that I cut into the top rim of my 15-gal plastic pot.

This allows the undergrowth to develop some more main branches, and it makes the plant very bushy and thick, which in the end, results in more bud sites; however, the abuse also included numerous super-croppings. Some were quite severe and required duct tape to repair, but cannabis is very resilient, and I really tested the boundaries with this veg grow. Below is the finished result of LST and HST techniques, it's a monster GG4 clone!


Before I took the GG4 clone out of the veg room, I figured this was a good time to do some maintenance on my fans and lights. I took them apart and thoroughly cleaned them, it's important to keep an eye on your growing equipment and clean them when needed unless you enjoy buying new ones? I also cleaned the inside of my flowing tent and made sure everything was in working order before I put that monster down in the hole.








After I got the GG4 clone into the tent, it was time to get the scrog net as low as I could. Then I spread out the branches and weaved them into the squares. The taller branches got super-cropped in order to keep an even canopy.






Get 4.2 Free Smoke Power On Sign Up To Start Your Journey On Smoke! The First Cannabis Community That Pays You To Post And Curate Content You Love..
Sort Order:  Trending

That image almost gave me a seizure


LOL, I thought it was pretty bad-ass myself!


Yha that’s a good one!


Maybe, I'll keep it? Did you see your role in The Hobbit? LOL Next post in a few days:)


No I will have to look back!!! I’ve been swamped with programming. Can’t wait to read!!


Holy shit no joke haha


LOL Thanks. The picture doesn't do the plant true justice, it's chest high and 4 feet wide.



Thanks Miss Dabby!

Thank you for the information


Your welcome:)

Have you tried using those bodeva packs during the curing process? Seen them heavily promoted on twitter recently


Yes, they work quite well.

Thanks for the healing recipe.
The buds are very beautiful
And by the way, your hypnosis works.


Thanks, it is kinda trippy.

A great recipe for connoisseurs of taste.


Thanks bro!

Hey! How come did you send me 420 SMOKE ? :)