The deed is done. I managed to get my Sour Diesel cut down and hung before I went to my sister's house where she ordered Chinese food for Easter Dinner. It's only one plant, but it still took 2 hours of trimming, which isn't my favorite thing to do, but the pile of buds at the end makes it all worth it.
One of the first things that I noticed while trimming besides the obnoxious and yummy gasoline smell was how sticky the sugar leaves were. I had to keep scraping my scissors off and wiping them with alcohol after just trimming a few nugs. That motivated me to finish the job and get the branches hung.
I like using a cardboard drying box to dry my branches because it's a smaller confined space, and it seems to dry them a little slower than my tent does, which has a lot of air and space. The box has a few holes on its sides, and I point a fan at it from a distance, which is just enough to allow air to pass through the box without drying them too fast. I will let them stay on the branches until they snap, which takes place in about 4-5 days before I put them in mason jars to cure.
I'm really excited about this harvest because it has been a long process since I first set off to find an original strain of Sour Diesel, and there is no doubt that I will be keeping a clone alive for more cuts. I hope everyone has a good day!