The Michigan Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) Department has released a bulletin regarding the new THC limits on infused products.
Changes from the previous Emergency Rules include:
• The limits were removed for topicals as they are not designed to be transdermal.
• The limits were lowered for edible max per package to be more in line with other
states (Oregon, Washington).
• Package limits were increased for capsules to allow for more in the package.
• Serving limits were added for products that did not have them; packages will
have clear directions and serving sizes to ensure patients do not over medicate.
• Patients typically start with 10mg servings; an allowance between 50mg -100mg
allows a patient/caregiver to purchase higher strength medicine if needed.